Saturday, May 15, 2010

Genesis

And so unfolds a daring adventure tempered only slightly by the fears and anxiety surrounding its potential outcomes. The author, herein, makes explicitly known the adventure objectives to the reader, which are the following:

1) Be unabashedly expressive, dismissing humility, equivocation, and correctness (and perhaps even just plain accuracy, in some cases)

2) Forgo routine and comfort to embrace a self-perpetuating period of growth in which development is neither linear nor predictable

3) Create, bequeath, and most importantly ... let it be known!

This rather simple three-step program may hardly seem ambitious to some. However, perhaps by sharing a bit more about the author, the challenges posed will become clearer.

My name is James. I grew up in a small town in the southern United States. I have traveled significantly since becoming an adult; I have been known to see and be seen in several parts of the world. But a large part of me has grown increasingly weary of my observer status. As I studied and trekked my way through my twenties, I failed to create something that would become my own, something that would allow me to share my thoughts and ideas with the world in a participatory way. I am now on a mission to change that.

This transition from world observer to participant will take place over the course of three months. It will be documented and published in the most transparent manner possible, and provided to the reader in a timely fashion. Deadlines are ambiguously strict and must sometimes be adhered to. The objective, however, is clear. The author will develop a trade as a complement to his ongoing studies in political science (oh yeah, did I mention that?), which will be conceived within the physical context of a Middle Eastern dictatorship (that, too) while interning at what is arguably the foremost supranational body of its kind (hmm ... guess this section could warrant a separate post). But fear not, dear reader! For the details are of little importance. All will be uncovered in due time.The reader need merely stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment